Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 20, 2024

Inner Horizons: Spirituality Beyond Rituals


Inner Horizons: Spirituality Beyond Rituals

Travel Blog Series - Blog 2

This is the second part of my travel blog. The first part describes the sudden, unsual urge that took me to Kaashi. In this one, I’ll share the spiritual experiences in Banaras that deeply moved me.

Ganga Aarti at Ghats

KAASHI VISHWANATH TEMPLE

I have always considered myself a spiritual person, but this trip gave me an entirely new perspective on spirituality.

If I had to describe my experiences in one line, it would be: Miracles do happen. And yes, there is a timing for certain things in life; you could say it’s already written.

Right in the premises of Kaashi Vishwanath temple, I had three profound experiences that deeply impacted me. I had entered the temple with one question in mind, and I believe those experiences were the answer. To put it simply, I had an emotional breakdown while standing in the queue inside the temple.

I had heard people talk about such things happening to them, but I never believed it. My first reaction used to be: What’s the logic behind it? How?

But when I actually saw and felt it myself, I had no explanation.

Interestingly, this wasn’t my first visit to a Jyotirlinga. I’ve been to Trimbakeshwar several times, as we visit it every year. However, I never experienced anything like this there. Nor did I visit with a question in my mind.

While this may sound absurd to some, this is my truth. That’s why I said timing is everything.

The second profound experiencoe was at the Kaal Bhairav temple.

It was around 10 PM, and we were all extremely tired. We were unsure whether to visit or not but eventually decided to go. When we reached, we found a large crowd outside the temple.

It is said that Kaal Bhairav is the Kotwal (protector) of Kaashi, a fact I discovered only after the trip. Halfway there, we took a deep breath and decided to proceed despite the crowd. Itni door aake ab wapas toh bilkul nahi jaana was the thought that pushed us forward.

To be honest, I’ve never been someone who visits temples frequently or fasts regularly. Yes, I do keep fasts on certain days when I feel like it. But even now, I remain the same—just with a little more faith in Him (Shiva).

I recall watching a podcast featuring Jaya Kishori and Ranveer Allahbadia, where Jaya said: No matter how many good deeds you do, you’ll be hurt and disappointed by people—sometimes even by your own blood relations. In such moments, the only thing that will bring you peace is Him.

After these incredible incidents, I truly believe this.

It is also said that Shiva is forgiving. If you worship Him with a pure heart, He will listen to you. There’s a popular belief that when you worship Him with pure intentions, He grants your wish—but by the time He does, you’ve evolved so much that you no longer desire it.

I’m not sure how true these stories are, but if believing in them heals me from within and brings me peace, then I choose to believe.

Lighted a diya for the Ganga Aarti. 

These beliefs keep me grounded and patient, so why not? ✨


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner Horizons: Spirituality Beyond Rituals

Inner Horizons: Spirituality Beyond Rituals Travel Blog Series - Blog 2 This is the second part of my travel blog. The first part describes ...